New York, NY
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for working closely with the Controller leading a variety of activities across the firm’s back office, including financial statement preparation, daily NAV, monthly close, NAV reviews with the administrator, quarterly financial reporting, ad hoc reporting and co-leading the annual fund audit with outside auditors, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
• Managing 2-3 of the firm’s funds
• Handling the shadow accounting, monthly close, financial statement preparation, analysis, investor reporting, audit and tax.
• Work on all aspects of the funds from daily NAV, month end close, financial statement preparation, investor reporting and interaction with front office, investor relations and tax group.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-4 years professional, relevant experience
• Public accounting, asset management experience, with CPA a plus
• Strong communication skills, presence and previous performance ratings
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels across teams