Controller (Holding Company)
A well known Private Equity Holding Company is looking to add an experienced individual at the controller level to join their team. This position will oversee all GAAP and SEC reporting, consolidation accounting, and P&L Analysis for the division. The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of experience working for both a public accounting firm and private equity institution, along with CPA licensing.
- Prepares financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Analyze the accounting implications of potential transactions under US GAAP and Company accounting policy
- Work on business combinations, embedded derivative transactions, stock comp etc.
- Draft presentations related to accounting matters to be discussed with senior management or the board
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of the fund administrators
- Weekly and monthly review and sign off of cash, currency, position, and investor capital relations
- Participate in the external financial reporting process which includes drafting the MD&A, preparing the consolidated financial statements and footnotes using Workiva (Forms 10-Q, 10-K)
- Identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting
- Review various corporate accounting analyses (e.g. EPS) for compliance with GAAP
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Prior experience with SEC reporting
- CPA preferred