Payroll Analyst (Financial Services)
Our client, a mid-sized financial services firm, is looking for a Payroll Associate to join their team! They have offices in 40 cities worldwide, servicing clients for over 100 years. This position reports to the Head of Payroll in Human Resources.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in the semimonthly/bi-weekly payroll processes.
- Process payroll related maintenance including, but not limited to, new hires, terminations, employee status, tax and deduction changes, wage garnishments, etc.
- Coordinate, process and audit payroll reports, reconciliations and tax notices
- Work closely with Management Company Accounting to process all funding related to payroll.
- Manage the administration of timesheets for non-exempt staff. Process quarterly multi-jurisdiction payrolls for business travel.
- Process all special compensation and bonus payments with the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality.
- Assist with processing 401K pension reports. Submit semi-monthly and monthly employee contributions.
- Maintain all 401k and pension records. Coordinate with Management Company Accounting to process related funding.
- Respond to inquiries and verification requests for unemployment and other payroll-related data. Ensure compliance with company policies as well as Federal, State and Local laws in completing all paperwork and correspondence related to payroll administration.
- Assist with year-end procedures and projects such as reviewing W-2s for accuracy, W-2 equivalents, etc.
- Maintain payroll related records and archives.
- Document and update payroll procedures.
- Assist with general HR related functions.
- Perform other special projects or duties when required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 to 6 years of experience is preferred with ADP experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, multi-task, and extreme attention to detail is essential
- Excellent communications kills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interface well with a variety of employees at all levels