SEC Reporting Director (REIT)
A top New York-based alternative asset management firm focusing on acquiring income-producing private companies is looking for a SEC Reporting Director.
- Assistant Controller role for an SEC registrant
- Manage a team of accounting associates/analysts, review monthly/quarterly work papers
- Prepare SEC disclosures on Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Prepare quarterly and monthly reports for Senior management for the firm’s board of directors
- Assist in accounting research for transactions and new FASB pronouncements
- Perform accounting for complex areas, e.g. impairment analyses, stock-based compensation plans, derivatives
- Review consolidation work papers and inter-company accounting
- Review internal controls documentation and testing for SOX/404 compliance
- Liaise with external and internal audit teams, as well as internal and external tax teams
- 5-7 years of public accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Strong Excel a must
- Investran, Word, PPT, and Oracle knowledge a plus
- Experience should ideally include SEC reporting and/or audit of SEC registrants. REIT, mortgage REIT, or financial services experience is preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have a commitment to excellence in their work product, strong time management skills, and a desire to learn as well as develop other team members