Staff Accountant (FINTECH)
This role is at a leading reinsurer with 100+BN in AUM. The Asset Management group is looking to hire an experienced hire, which will be primarily
- Oversee periodic management reporting and control of asset/liability performance/attribution for the Asset Management division.
- Responsibility for all non-daily reporting of performance and attribution of reported performance; by risk factor, industry standard classification and relative performance
- Execute recurring management reporting requirements including weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual deliverables for senior executives Set standard for professional, polished reporting suitable for use in BD presentations.
- Manage a team of Finance professionals in a demanding, results oriented environment
- Planning and organizing reporting deliverables across the team and work closely with other senior members of to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain, update and document control procedures over performance reporting; create new controls as necessary.
- Respond to ad-hoc analysis and reporting requests; ensure consistent and accurate information amongst all regular and ad-hoc reporting
- Ensure consistency of market and sector commentary in support of P&L for all reporting within Finance.
- Work closely with internal report developers to create management reports and enhance management reporting tools. Simplify complex analysis into actionable information. Identify opportunities to enhance or reengineer processes, methods or tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead contributor to regular management committee and ad hoc senior level performance reporting
- Design and manage the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Experienced professional with 10+ years relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of financial markets (fixed income, credit, equity) and risk factors driving performance
- Experience with developing and reporting performance and risk attribution of P&L
- Strong management -level reporting experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Investment banking/hedge fund background with experience setting up and maintaining a control environment as related to performance reporting and a thorough knowledge of control design ideally including the review or audit of control process
- Superb client service orientation; a positive, collegial attitude with a high degree of professionalism
- The ability to meet deadlines and a desire to exceed the expectations organizational skills
- Personality and intellect to establish credibility with the business
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA or CFA preferred
- Very strong MS Excel/PowerPoint skillset